13 February 2009

Bento Challenge week 5 - my bento n.5

proud of today's bento
I tried this new recipe of Korean 'chijimi' and they are delicious!!

For this bento, I made chijimi for the first time. I saw them in one of Maki's bento and she made a gluten free version so I really wanted to taste some!!! I found one version at cookpad.com (but I'm waiting for Maki's recipe :-) and tried them using rice flour. They were very quick to prepare and cook and tasted so good also today!
I took the recipe here and changed it a little bit using local products and things I had at home: I mixed one grated potato with some rice flour (2-3 Tablespoons) one egg and two pinches of salt, then added thinly sliced leeks and chopped chives (to taste) and poured the soft mix in an oiled pan with a spoon and cooked until brown. I made four chijimi.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...